Jump to recipe
Since I moved in this country I learn the reassuring power of a cup of tea and a slice of this tea loaf is the perfect accompaniment.
This recipe create a moist fruit loaf with plump dried fruit as they are soaked in tea overnight. Although it is a fat free recipe, it is usually served with a thick layer of butter. Enjoy!
- 250g dried mixed fruit
- 125g brown sugar
- 150ml warm black tea
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Soak the fruit and sugar in strained tea and leave overnight.
- Next day preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the fruit mixture and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If the top of the loaf become too dark cover it with tin foil and continue to bake it until ready.
Please follow and like us: