Jump to recipe
Another amazing meal with Scottish ingredients and Italian flavours to celebrate the Sottish Food and Drink Fortnight.
For this recipe, I used my pesto recipe (that you can find it here).
I found this recipe on this amazing blog www.cookingclassy.com, and I changed it very very slightly.
The picture is not the best, but I couldn’t wait to taste it, and everyone was sitting at the table just waiting for me, including a nice glass of white wine (chilled Soave was just the perfect accompaniment with this dish).
So please try this recipe as I’m sure you will love it 🙂
And to finish the meal we tried the newest flavours’ ice cream from our favourite ice cream parlour in Perthshire, www.stewart-tower.co.uk
This weekend we tried 4 new flavours: doughnut, pink KitKat, kinder bueno and oreo mint, they are soooo good that we had to go back for more!
Pesto salmon and veggies parcel
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 400g fresh green beans , ends trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tsp pesto
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil green beans 3-5 minutes, then carefully drain (you can also use the microwave for a quick steam).
- Toss green beans with 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, and put them in the centre of a big piece of foil. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Layer salmon over green beans and then spread 1 Tsp of pesto over top.
- Quarter the tomatoes and season lightly with salt. Spread over each salmon fillet.
- Wrap sides of foil in and roll and crimp edge to seal, then wrap ends upward to seal.
- Place the parcel on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 20 (cook time will vary depending on thickness of salmon).
Please follow and like us: